Thursday 14 August 2014

Oreo and White Chocolate Popcorn


An idea which I came across too late in life, but not too late.

A while ago I decided that popcorn was a healthier and low-calorie snacking option which I should adopt instead of my other not-so-good tendencies like chocolate and cookies.

I sort of just brutally murdered that standpoint with this recipe which I discovered.


Oreo and White Chocolate Popcorn

30 min
Serves 2-3... or 1 potential diabetic

Ingredients:

150g white chocolate: chopped and melted over a double boiler
12 Oreos: crushed moderately – biscuit, filling and all!
1/2 cup of corn kernels, popped according to packet instructions OR1 7-inch saucepan full of popcorn

Get down and dirty:

1) Once both popcorn and white chocolate have cooled a little bit, mix all ingredients together well.
2) Place in freezer for 5 minutes (preferably still in metal saucepan, which will help cool the popcorn even quicker) or, if you are weirdly patient, place in fridge for half an hour, to set the chocolate.
3) Remove and separate big chunks. DIG IN!
4) Slow down, there.


This recipe includes a little bit more popcorn than I'd used, because the sweetness was rather cloying, (maybe it was only 'cause I ate so many in one go) but I originally popped 1/3 cup of corn kernels.

Best enjoyed sparingly! Now, you can be a superior movie-goer. Your popcorn is of a higher calibre than all of them sweet-and-salty peasants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...